The Music Slut


22.5.08

Kimya Dawson Speaks Out About Atlantis Commercial

She shares the following in today's MySpace bulletin: *I guess by now many of you have seen the silly commercial for the Atlantis resort. Sigh. Thanks for the outpouring of concern, but no we were not ripped off. No one is getting sued. I have always been very much against having my music in commercials. My solo music. With The Moldy Peaches it is tricky because it isn't just me. I do say no most of the time, but every once in awhile I have to be willing to compromise and be a group member and not a total control freak. A couple years ago we did that French cell phone commercial with all the soccer balls. This time I agreed to the resort going poor mans Weird Al version of 'Anyone Else But You'. I figured if I am going to be a team player I am going to feel least like beating myself up if the words and voice are not my own. It is just our melody. We were not involved in the rewrite. Anyway, dolphins schmolphins, it's done. I bought my parents a car. So it goes.* Download a Kimya tune at bottom.

Visit Kimya on MySpace.

MP3: K. Dawson - Parade

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home