The Music Slut


28.5.07

Lupe Fiasco Samples Thom Yorke In New Single

Lupe, alongside special guest rappers: Kanye and Pharrell, has just released 'US Placers', a brand new track, which samples (of all things) Thom Yorke's 'The Eraser'.

Thanks to Spine Magazine for directing The Music Slut to the tune. 'US Placers' is scheduled to be on Lupe's upcoming sophomore effort, The Cool, out on Halloween Day.

For as much as I love Thom (hell, Kanye as well), I'm still uncertain if I enjoy this track in reality as much as I do in theory.

Take a listen to the MP3 below and kindly share your thoughts with us.

MP3: Lupe Fiasco (feat. Kanye & Pharrell) - US Placers

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this song is bad, but not as bad as Kanye's absolute destruction of the Daft Punk HBFS sample. He also rips on Young Folks which is actually pretty funny. You can hear both at my site -
http://www.butterteam.com.

Music Slut, keep up the sluttiness.

Z from Butter Team

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually like it.
It's not tearing my life apart, like a good song should, but hell..it's fresh.

3:17 PM  
Blogger theyallwantcake said...

i dont like it...they didnt even try to make it sound the least bit different

5:25 PM  
Blogger theyallwantcake said...

butter, i listened to the songs on your page. young folks is absolutely horrid!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home