The Music Slut


7.5.07

Bowie Talks Highline With NY Times

“I love that word ‘curate’... One of the definitions is someone who oversees a zoo.”

In case you've been living under a rock, The Highline Festival begins this Wednesday (it's eleven days long) and features Arcade Fire, Secret Machines, Air, Laurie Anderson and a slew of others (full list can be found here on the festival's official site), as chosen by Mr. Bowie, himself.

“The point of the festival is not to dig out as many obscure and unknown acts as possible. It’s to put on what I would go and see. There are certain artists you just never miss; when they come into town you go and see them. That’s how I treat virtually all of the people that are on this.”

“If I get excited about a band or an artist or a painter, I tend to go on about them. And I tell everybody to go and buy the album or go see the show or whatever it is. And when a situation like this occurs, it’s just wonderful that I am able to phone them up and say, ‘Hey, listen, I’ve been offered this festival, what do you think?’ And suddenly you’ve got Arcade Fire opening.”

Read the rest of the article here.

Place your bets now on a Bowie/Arcade Fire collabo at Radio City, and we're also taking guesses on which song(s) they tackle together. I know it's a longshot but I've got my fingers crossed for 'Changes'!

MP3: David Bowie - Changes

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home