The Music Slut


12.4.07

Placebo @ Roseland: You Shower Me With Lullabyes

It takes a lot for me to travel to the much-dreaded Roseland Ballroom. In fact, before last night, I haven't even stepped foot in the 3200-capacity venue in close to five years. However, in spite of some stiff competition last night including but not limited to Lily Allen @ Fillmore, Junior Boys @ Bowery, James Morrison @ Knitting Factory and Rosie Thomas @ Southpaw, I ventured to midtown, once again, to check out one of the few bands that made it through the mid-90s Britpop whirlwind - Placebo.

Though the setlist was nearly identical to the last time I saw the trio, back in November at Nokia Theater, the energy of last night's show had escalated at least a notch or two. 'Every You Every Me' was glorious, 'The Bitter End' was dazzling and the encore-opening Kate Bush cover was the best I've ever heard the song performed - by anyone. I'm unsure how many more decent albums we can still expect to see from Placebo, now 13 years into their career, but if last night was any indication - the gems they've already given us (five full-lengths for those counting at home) are more than enough, already.

Setlist: Infra-Red/Meds/Because I Want You/Drag/Space Monkey/Sleeping With Ghosts/I Know/Song To Say Goodbye/Follow The Cops Back Home/Every You Every Me/Special Needs/One Of A Kind/Without You I'm Nothing/Bionic/Blind/Special K/The Bitter End//Running Up That Hill/Taste In Men/Twenty Years

MP3: Placebo - Special Needs

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Qbertplaya said...

yeah, rosie & sufjan were cuties!

my pics & review on the gigoblog.

glad you enjoyed placebo tho...even if it was ROSELAND.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home