The Music Slut


24.4.07

Art Brut & O'death @ Studio B 4/18: I Haven't Slept in About 4 Days

Two of my favourite bands played Studio B on the 18th. I only wish that this combination was as winning as it should have been. A number of factors attributed to this less than stellar night: hangovers ("I haven't slept in two days!" declares Art Brut's publicist outside before the show), Studio B getting the bands onstage late, Studio B opening the doors really late and probably most significantly, the timid all ages crowd (sorry).


As unfortunate as all those factors are, Art Brut and O'death are really consumate professionals at this point in their careers. They know that the audience has come to see them act crazy and even if they cannot feed off of a frenzied audience, they still put in an effort to entertain.


This was my...4th? time with Art Brut. I chose this show over Ratatat at Webster Hall. Call me crazy, but the thought of not seeing Eddie Argos as he blew through town was too much to handle. An Art Brut show makes me intolerably happy.

The band previewed some new tracks, which I am sure I will come to love. Eddie cracked a joke about one saying that we had never heard it since it had not been purposely leaked.



As always at Studio B, crazed fans feel it is necessary to jump onstage. Here comes the inexperienced concert goers part. There was one failed attempted by a boy to get up next to Eddie. He only succeeded in nearly breaking my hand that was lying on the speaker as his boot smashed ontop of it. It is still killing me. I turned around, fists blaring but realised he was 15 and I better not.


To those wondering if I stayed for Soulwax. I did not. That would have involved another line and ten bucks I didn't have after Studio B kicked us all out after Art Brut.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the radio soulwax backdrop is see there? were they on the same night and you didn't stay? oh it says 'more to come' :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger m said...

kev, i think soulwax was actually the night before Art Brut...

1:03 PM  
Blogger JK said...

No, Soulwax was the same night but the venue herded everyone out and you had to wait online and pay again to get in and see them. They were on at 1am. I didn't stay, didn't want to pay, needed to get up for work, yada yada. I'm lame basically.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home