The Music Slut


10.1.07

You Put Me In The Magic Position, Darling

OK, I realize it was just last week that I was gushing with glee about the new Patrick Wolf album, The Magic Position, but I'm afraid I need to remind you again just how amazing it truly is.

The new Explosions In The Sky record (brilliance!) and Patrick Wolf have been getting major rotation on my iPod the past few weeks and I simply cannot get enough of either of them!

This week I've decided to attach another TMP track, the duet Patrick perfected with Marianne Faithfull entitled 'Magpie'. A spectacular tune... One of the more delicate songs on the album.

The LP's out in just a few short weeks, purchase it here!

MP3: Patrick Wolf - Magpie

PS: Thoughts on the album cover and photo shoot? Yay or nay to the gliterry tops and carousel?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to this one. Not sure about the cover though...certainly a brave photo with all the glitter and the Marty McFly cowboy outfit.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the tunes. I also respect his deeply bizarre fashion choices (check out the Raggedy Andy affair he's sporting in the Bluebell video). They are not choices I would make, but more power to him!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home