The Music Slut


3.1.07

I LOVE PATRICK WOLF!!

He's officially my obsession of the day. His new album, The Magic Position, found its way onto the internet over the weekend and I cannot get enough of it. It's amazing.

For those unfamiliar with Patrick, he's 23, from London and is a multi-instrumentalist: the harp, violin, organ, ukelele and theremin amongst others (Take THAT, Joanna Newsom!). His last masterpiece, Wind In The Wires, won me over in a half-hearbeat. Patrick is most appreciated for his ungodly talent of texturing classical sounds with electronic beats and a jaw-dropping voice.

Also, completely unrelated to anything, he stands just shy of 7 feet tall! He hasn't toured the US in quite some time, but my fingers are double crossed for him to pay us a visit sometime in '07. Take a listen to the title track to The Magic Position below. Then listen again and again and again.

MP3: Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's 6'4", not 7', but I agree; Patrick Wolf is delicious, and I've been absolutely obsessed with him for the past two weeks. There is no one else alive with his combination of style, personality, and real talent.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home