The Music Slut


18.5.06

Grandaddy @ Other Music, Final NY Show

Well, Jason from Grandaddy, at least.

Other Music was packed to the brim last night for a special intimate acoustic set from Grandpa himself.

Jason stormed through a 35-minute set which featured mostly Fambly tracks. "Summer..It's Gone" and "Disconnecty" (yousendit) sounded fantastic, but it was the show-closing "The Group Who Couldn't Say" which got everybody ooh-ing. Perhaps an appropriate finale.

Throughout the set, the crowd was extremely well-behaved and Jason was so very humble. Also of note, out of the 75 people or so jam packed into the record shop, i would say about 70 of them were guys! Do women really hate Grandaddy that much? I know Jen does and a few other female friends of mine completely dislike the band.

Interesting.

The only other time I saw a ratio of men to women that skewed was when I saw Spritiualized in Philly. My friend Megan was literally the only girl in a room that held 1000+ people. Not kidding! Odd.

Regardless of who was at the show, it was sad that it was the last one we'll ever see.

Grandaddy, you will be missed.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger skye said...

*sniff*

12:14 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

(double sniff)

Methinks I got there too late. My friend and I started waiting in line but my friend didn't really want to wait (I asked her to come with me, but she's not really a fan...oops) and I figured I may as well go home.

Dammit, I should've eaten faster. We could've increased the estrogen in the room. Girls do not flock to the JASON?! WHY NOT?!

Thanks for the recap!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Pocheco said...

I went to this show, in fact, I drove down from Boston to see it. Grandaddy is my favorite band ever.

I was going through my pictures that night, and there weren't very many of us girls... I don't understand why, Jason's voice has always made me swoon.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home