why not nothing?
Well, here's the first track from Richard Ashcroft's forthcoming record Keys to the World (released on 23rd Jan here, and the 24th in the States).
Richard Ashcroft: Why Not Nothing
I was quite prepared to not like this, to be honest; I'm not the biggest Verve fan in the world (in fact, I think that the Verve were one of the most overrated bands from that whole late-90s period), and Ashcroft's first solo album was just dire. But I really like the powerful chorus in evidence here, with some excellent rawk guitar noodling there in the background.
Along with excellent first single Break the Night with Colour, this portends something great from the Wigan man...
Labels: richard ashcroft






3 Comments:
as someone who LOVED THE VERVE, it's nice to see richard is back on track... :)
Hey, don't get me wrong, I liked them; but I was just never really that thrilled. I found a lot of Urban Hymns to be really hard going, and the only other one I had was the one the cover art in the cave (can't remember the title and I can't be bothered to check Amazon). Just never did it for me, s'all I'm sayin'!
The album with the cave was their first album, A Storm In Heaven.
Post a Comment
<< Home