The Music Slut


30.9.05

I'm your villain

*yawn*

Sorry, apologies once again for lethargy over the last month - I'm blaming my trip to Germany and that damned thesis which no-one else seems to want to write for me...

ff1
Anyway. I love Franz Ferdinand. I think they're great. I don't care that Q tells me that they've got no substance, or that what I think is intelligent- dancy- poppy- rocky- stompy- quoting German-y- hook- laden- tunage has been appropriated by the neds whom I had the misfortune of standing next to in Edinburgh. FF are awesome, and I can't wait for the new album, especially after luvin' new single Do You Want To? (Yes, Franz, I certainly do). Now I know that I wasn't overly gushing about seeing them in Edinburgh a month back, but to be honest, coming after the Arcade Fire, no-one was going to shine. Well, except maybe Belle and Sebastian.

So anyway, for your aural ecstasy, here are some links to some new FF material being hosted by BBC Colllective:

Do You Want To? [Real Media, Streamed] - [Quicktime video, Streamed]
I'm Your Villain [Real Media, Streamed]
Walk Away [Real Media, Streamed]

[Read the BBC Collective Review]

ff1If I'm being honest, the real reason I have't been posting is because I've spent large amounts of time watching the first and second seasons of Scrubs. But thanks to that, I've been listening to The Shins rather a lot recently, so that's got to be a good thing. A friend of mine from New Mexico keeps telling me they're from Albuquerque; I have no reason to disbelieve him, but still I do. I like their winsome charm, and the way they go wooo-ooooo-ooooo-oooo-ooooo-ooooo-ooooo-oooo in New Slang. Here's a live DVD you can bittorrent.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger m said...

shins are aight... kinda dull live.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home