The Music Slut


7.8.07

I'm From Barcelona @ Southpaw: More Glee!

After being witness to such a spectacular show this past Sunday at McCarren Pool (review & pics here), Jen and I had no choice but to see I'm From Barcelona once again at their second and last area visit for the year (sigh) at Brooklyn's Southpaw.

My main concern prior to entering the venue was the seemingly impossible task of fitting all 29 members onto Southpaw's notoriously small stage. Somehow, in spite of my initial hopes that the band would intersperse into the crowd, I'm From Barcelona magically pulled it off without a hitch. Confetti, balloons, sing-alongs et al, nothing was forgone with the gig being indoors versus outdoors. Another glorious set!

This time, one lucky concert go-er got to join the band on stage early into the show for a kazoo lesson & duet, simply because his last name was 'Barcelona'. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed for many many US visits from I'm From Barcelona in 2008!

Enjoy a few more photos plus the complete setlist & an I'm From Barcelona MP3 below.



Setlist: Treehouse/Oversleeping/Rec & Play/Collection Of Stamps/Chicken Pox/Britney/We're From Barcelona/The Painter/Ola Kala//Jenny/Life Aquatic/Barcelona Loves You

MP3: I'm From Barcelona - We're From Barcelona (via Bitchfork)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out my pictures from the other side of the stage.
http://www.bumpershine.com/2007/08/07/im-from-barcelona-southpaw.html

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home