The Music Slut


6.8.07

I'm From Barcelona + Blonde Redhead @ McCarren Park: Glee!

What a beautiful day at the pool! Not only did Blonde Redhead wow me yet again (do they ever disappoint?), but I'm From Barcelona's confetti-fueled mega-set may have officially staked its claim as the highlight of my summer, thus far. Positively phenomenal.

To say that I adored every second of I'm From Barcelona's 40-minute show would be the understatement of the century. Each of the band's twenty-nine members brought enough kitsch, energy, flair and merriment to fill Madison Square Garden, Giants & Shea Stadium twice over. I was smiling from ear to ear for the totality of their McCarren visit.

Opening with an exemplary version of We're From Barcelona's 'Treehouse', the band wasted little time storming through most of their debut LP, all the while treating us to (my favorite) b-side (ever), 'Britney', and a mindblowing cover of Madonna's 'Like A Prayer'. The vast majority of the healthy crowd was eating out of their respective palms.

The Music Slut highly recommends demands your attendance at the band's only other New York area gig tonight at Brooklyn's Southpaw. Purchase a pair (or multiple pairs) of tickets HERE! Enjoy some more photos & an I'm From Barcelona MP3 below.

To learn more about the Swedish ensemble follow this link to their MySpace page.













MP3: I'm From Barcelona - Chicken Pox

Blonde Redhead's hypnotic 75-minute set included a bevy of tunes from their most recent full-length, the melancholic, 23, in addition to a handful of tracks from earlier releases - most notably Misery Is A Butterfly & Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemons.

Although the pairing of today's show seemed rather random at first, in the end, it worked out better than fine. Up next week: The Thermals & Ted Leo. More info can be found here.

MP3: Blonde Redhead - Misery Is A Butterfly

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger xDashofPanachex said...

Yeah, I saw them at Lolla and they rocked everyone's collective faces off (in the happiest way possible, of course!). Judging by the pictures, it seems like they did a similar show here in Chicago as well, except that afterwards, some of the band members went out onto the field among the audience and sold T-shirts and vinyls. I could only get the latter, unfortunately.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, so this guy hates I'm from barcelona:

http://blog.limewire.com/archives/2007/08/06/yeah-and-im-from-brooklyn/#more-603

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home