The Music Slut


4.10.08

8 Questions With: The Secret Machines

In our latest word association session, TSM frontman, Brandon Curtis, shares a myriad of thoughts and inspirations relating to each track on the band's stellar new self titled junior LP. Here's what he had to say:

Atomic Heels: This is the blues I'm singing. Why don't you watch where you're going?

Last Believer, Drop Dead: My one regret is that when she got up from the table where we were both seated, I stayed behind staring out the window.

Have I Run Out?: I have a recurring dream where I am with my friends and family as a great catastrophe occurs: flood, fire, bad stuff.

Underneath The Concrete: After my friend, Susan, moved to New York she got a temp job working in the financial district. One day after leaving work, while going down into the subway, she was pushed down the stairs to the landing. As the fellow was snatching her purse from her, the other people walking into the station just walked around her like she wasn't there.

Now You're Gone: I have a hard time not losing things, so I have to do very repetitive, ritualistic things with my phone, keys and wallet so I can keep track of them. I wish there were something I could do to stop losing friends.

The Walls Are Starting To Crack: I woke up the other day with a cold shooting pain down my left arm. I laid very still for a while and thought maybe I should call somebody. Then I decided I was being paranoid.

I Never Thought To Ask: Maybe it was on purpose. I remember hearing somewhere "what you don't know can't hurt you". Or maybe it was the other way around.

The Fire Is Waiting: I wish I would stop doing things I end up regretting. Or maybe I could figure out how to not regret the things I do.

Visit The Secret Machines on MySpace.

MP3: The Secret Machines - Atomic Heels

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home