The Music Slut


20.9.08

Noah & The Whale @ Mercury Lounge: Truly Truly Truly

I went into last night's gig with enormous expectations and a great deal of anticipation. Much to my chagrin, I would have to classify Noah & The Whale's show as a colossal disappointment. While the band's unreleased tracks (from their punk project, The A Sides) sounded intriguing, the bulk of the songs performed off of Peaceful The World Lays Me Down lacked any real flair or magic. In fact, had it not been for their brilliant single, '5 Years Time', monotony would have entirely ruled the evening. However, judging from the roars of the sold out crowd, I realize that my opinion easily places me into the minority. Check out Noah & The Whale at one of the remaining dates on their North American trek and form your own conclusions. Visit the band on MySpace. MP3 at bottom of post.



MP3: Noah & The Whale - 2 Bodies 1 Heart

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - check out two acoustic tracks and an interview with Noah & the Whale at WNEW.com: http://www.wnew.com/2008/09/the-wnew-interv.html

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home