The Music Slut


28.5.08

Jens Lekman: Anger, Fakery & Struggles

Yikes! Check out this snippet from J's latest blog entry: *I've been having this anger inside of me the last 3 months. I don't know where it comes from exactly, but it has to do with patterns in my life that keep repeating themselves, plans that don't work out, the reality of things, money, stupidity, boredom, frustration, jealousy, mistakes, misunderstandings. I've been trying to write about it here but I haven't been able to finish the sentences. I can't turn it into art. Touring all spring was the worst idea I've ever been talked into. The most important thing in show business is sincerity and learning how to fake it. But I can't pull it off. I just can't glue that fake smile to my face and go out there, it makes me feel like a fraud. I've been struggling with tricking myself into being excited for every show.*

Read the full blurb here.

MP3: Jens Lekman - Black Cab

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home