The Music Slut


9.5.08

Beth Ditto Chats With The Spinner

When asked about the gay marriage theme behind 'Standing In The Way Of Control', The Gossip's frontwoman had this to say: *I think there are a lot of religions that are really threatened by it. The powers that be - if you start to recognize it as a real thing, you legitimize it and validate it. It kind of debunks Christianity. It's gonna take a long time for it to unfold in my brain. I wouldn't get married. Wearing the dress sounds really nice, but I don't think so. I've been with the same person for a really long time. Marriage is just a lot to live up to. And leaving something open, not an open relationship but not having a label for it, sounds really nice.*

Read the full Q&A here.

MP3: The Gossip - Sweet Baby

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home