The Music Slut


25.3.08

Moz Speaks Out On Headlining Slot At Wireless Festival

Of the gig, Morrissey exclaims: *"What is classical is what we all agree on, and I think we all acknowledge Hyde Park festivals as important events. I am honoured to be asked to headline on July 4th, marking my 26th year haunting British music, and following the Hyde Park greats - T.Rex, Joan Armatrading, and someone with insecure teeth. I promise a thundering bill of tight nerves and suavity and all your favourites from Disc magazine. I will take Hyde Park like a flea inhabits a dog. Art-hounds and people with badly cut hair are very welcome. I shall do my utmost not to pull a sour face. The sun will make up its own mind. It is, of course, the day when America celebrated its independence from Sidcup, but we can easily reverse that situation with a bit of John Mills stiff-upperness. Bring your own lodging-house towels, but don't expect any three-shrimp appetizers."* View the rest of 2008's bill here.

MP3: The Smiths - Still Ill

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home