The Music Slut


25.2.08

The Magnetic Fields @ Town Hall: Must Be The Voodoo

After Thursday's awe-inspiring gig at Town Hall (their first of four), I was overeager to see The Magnetic Fields once more before the weekend came to a close. Last night, I was fortunate enough to catch the final evening of their residency; it was charming, humorous & stupendous, yet again. Knowing that the band is not keen on touring regularly, I had a small list of songs I was hoping to hear (and not have to wait four long years to experience). To my good fortune, all prayers were answered in the form of 69 Love Songs' 'Papa Was A Rodeo', I's 'I Thought You Were My Boyfriend' and Get Lost's 'Smoke & Mirrors'. Enjoy the full setlist, an MP3 and a solo shot of S. Merritt below. Visit TMF on MySpace.

(Set 1:) California Girls. I Don't Believe You. All My Little Words. Come Back To San Francisco. Old Fools. Xavier Says. Walking My Gargoyle. Too Drunk To Dream. Till The Bitter End. The Night You Can't Remember. I Thought You Were My Boyfriend. Water Torture. (Set 2:) Lovers From The Moon. I Wish I Had An Evil Twin. Give Me Back My Dreams. Grand Canyon. Papa Was A Rodeo. Drive On Driver. The Nun's Litany. The Tiny Goat. Smoke & Mirrors. Zombie Boy. (Encore:) 3-Way. Take X With Me. The Book Of Love.

MP3: The Magnetic Fields - Smoke & Mirrors [alt link]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home