The Music Slut


5.10.07

Badly Drawn Boy Celebrates 10th Anniversary With Secret Gig

Damon opens up on his MySpace blog: *Hello everybody, this felt like as good a time as any to say hello to you all at last. The first and main reason is to let you all know I'm playing a 'secret' gig next week, Thursday 11th October at Sankeys new night 'The Aftershow'. There's no public awareness as to who plays at these nights, it's down to the artist to exclusively let you know, which is what I am doing now (I'm a week late though). Tickets only cost £5, and for that you get to see several bands on the night, including BEEP SEALS (ex Alfie) JIM NOIR, more and myself. Also many DJs including EMBRACE DJs Danny and Richard McNamara.

If you'd like to be there subscribe soon, or if you can't go let someone else know instead. Hope to see you there. Secondly, I like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to you all for your support over not only the last year, but the last 10 years too. September marked my 10th Anniversary as a recording artist, and my b-day this week psychologically marked the end of this current album's life cycle. Thanks to anyone who came to see myself and the band play this year. We've had some amazing and memorable shows and they never happen without a responsive audience, so thanks again if you were there. My intention is to release brand new material before the end of the year in the form of an EP/MINI LP, even if it's a collection of demos, I'm eager to move on creatively.

PS Next weeks show may be one of the last I play this year, so try and make it if you can. I'll keep you posted about anything else on the horizon.

Lots of love DAMON BDB

PPS I'm donating my fee for next weeks show to charities that were dear to Tony Wilson.*

MP3: Badly Drawn Boy - The Time Of Times

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home