The Music Slut


27.8.07

Bjork Explains The Voices In Her Head

Here are some snippets from Bjork's recent interview with The List. A fine read, I must say. Classic Bjork MP3 at bottom.

‘To be honest, I would have expected people to lose interest a long time ago, but I was gonna stick to what I have to do anyway. I do feel very lucky that people are still around and still interested.’

'The media always simplifies things and they take one incident that happens for five minutes in one year and then that’s your life for the next ten years.'

‘Normally I spend a lot of my time solitaire. It just felt a bit weird, because I have to be able to write music, and when I walk down the street I have this music going on in my head. That’s my life.'

'All I wanted to do for this album [Volta] was just to have fun and do something really up. It’s about wanting to go out in the physical world and experience stuff.’

‘In my introvert phases I could be in a glamorous hotel or in a log cabin or wherever, but when I am in my extrovert periods, I’m probably more aware of my surroundings. I made Debut and Post when I lived in London, and they’re very London albums. Whereas with Vespertine and Medúlla I was living half in Iceland and half in Manhattan, and you can’t really hear a lot of Manhattan there because I was quite introvert at the time and it was a bit of a domestic bliss period for me, so I could have done them anywhere.’

To read the rest of the interview check here.

MP3: Bjork - 107 Steps

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone just posted a poll on our site regarding the Bjork last incident.
Check it out: http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/1880/who-s-more-violent

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home