The Music Slut


2.7.07

The Wrath Of Fergie Continues

Lord help us all!

Via Post Chronicle: *Fergie is set to make £2 million by promoting a US clothing firm in her songs. The 32-year-old Black Eyed Peas singer, who has become the first star to agree to product placement in her songs, will write and perform tracks endorsing fashion company Candie's on her second solo album.

An executive at Fergie's record label Interscope said: "With record sales in decline, you must find novel ways to make money out of the music.

The trick is to make the brand part of the song so that it slips down easily rather than chokes the fan.

"Candie's will have no say over exactly what Fergie will sing, or when. Fergie does not sing jingles so it will have to work unobtrusively in the song."

Fergie - real name Stacy Ann Ferguson - has also agreed to appear in Candie's TV adverts and allow Candie's advisors to style fans at her shows.*

MP3: Fergie - Fergalicious

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine this sort of thing happening. She seems like a media production to me, not a musician.

2:52 PM  
Blogger theyallwantcake said...

yet im not surprised either...what surprises me is that she and the label would actually admit to it, thats the sad part! This kind of thing has been going on awhile, just proves how much fergie sucks.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't there a song, Black Eyed Peas I think, where she already sings about clothing brands in a very product-placement manner.. what was it.. it said something about Seven Jeans and True Religion and.. AAAAHH My Humps!!!

erm...

"Dolce & Gabbana,
Fendi and NaDonna
Caring, they be sharin'
All their money got me wearin' fly
Brother I ain't askin,
They say they love my ass in
Seven Jeans, True Religion...."

Horrible.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The line is actually

"Fendi and Donna
Karan, they be sharin'"

because Donna Karan is, surprise, another designer. I'm a little disappointed in myself for having to correct it, and knowing that.

9:18 PM  
Blogger John Larsen said...

*Weeps* I don't like Fergie, but this is a blow to music everywhere. I mean, obviously products have been placed in songs before, but to announce that they're actually paying her to write a song solely to push this product on people is disgusting. I think "sell-out" is too generous a title for her... (Though this does, sadly, remind me of those atrocious Outback Steak House commercials featuring the jinglized version of Of Montreal... *Weeps some more*)

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i envision moby tenting his fingers like mr. burns right now...

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does not surprise me at all.
she will 'sing' about anything if it'll make her money.
she really makes me wanna puke.

M.I.A is pretty mad at her too for trying to steal her sound.....
Dont know why M.I.A has more talent in her wee finger.....
Fergie really has no discernable talent at all.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home