The Music Slut


3.7.07

Jake Shears: Former Pothead, Current Nudist

While Scissor Sisters' take a much-needed holiday, Jake Shears has been opening up to any interviewer within a 50 foot radius. Here are some highlighted quotes from Q+As this week.

Regarding marijuana: "I was totally addicted to pot for eight or nine years of my life. When it was something that I did habitually, it started having an adverse reaction. Suddenly when my life started to be filled with more responsibilities it started to be a hindrance. It took a while to figure it out but once I did it was really easy to stop. Every once in a while I'll smoke some pot and it's all right. The last time I had some was at the dinner table and I burst into tears. It can either make you laugh really hard or cry your brains out."

Regarding nudity: "I flash a lot. In the dressing room I'll just get completely naked. It's not to shock people. I don't think nudity is that big a deal."

MP3: Scissor Sisters - The Other Side

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home