The Music Slut


22.5.07

The World Of B-Sides & Rarities, #46

Arcade Fire - Intervention (live at KCRW)

There's something oddly endearing about hearing an unfinished, unrefined song prior to its worldwide appreciation. This version of 'Intervention' was recorded live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic back in 2005, well before the phrase 'Neon Bible' meant anything to you or I, alike.

When listening to this early acoustic version of the track, it's quite interesting to hear how the original lyrics have changed (radically, might I add) while the general melody and the inflections in Win's vocal have remained the same.

Which do you prefer, 'Intervention 05' or 'Intervention 07'? Listen to both below.

MP3: Arcade Fire - Intervention (live at KCRW) + Arcade Fire - Intervention (Neon Bible version)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger NEYMG said...

I've been searching for the source of my early version of "Intervention," which I somehow got in 2005, so thanks for posting your thoughts on this! When I first heard the album version, I still liked the 2005 version and lyrics better. But now, especially having seen them perform the Neon Bible version live, I do like the intensity of the full sound. Great songs either way!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home