The Music Slut


4.5.07

Peter Hook: New Order = Split

We knew this was coming... we just didn't want to believe it.

Peter Hook tells XFM the following regarding Perry Farrell's Satellite Party and New Order's potential involvement in the festival: "I spoke to Perry, and he asked me to play bass, as he'd heard about New Order splitting up. Well yeah, me and Bernard (Sumner) aren't working together."

When asked if this split is similar to the one the band took nearly two decade ago, Hook says: "Bernard went off for a break with Electronic, but that was different. But it's like the boy who cried wolf this time."

I sense some hostility, don't you? Either way, this is sad sad news.

MP3: New Order - Paradise (via Obscure Sound)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought I would feel this way about New Order, but maybe it's for the best. They haven't created anything memorable together for a good while now - and maybe working with others will give them the spark they need.

If it is end, thanks for the great songs, and for keeping us entertained and moved. And Barney, thanks for the dodgy dancing!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Apricot Studios Website Design said...

Sad news - my week just got a whole lot worse!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I (like many others) thought that they had split up decades ago and that some cruel record company just kept putting out albums made up of previous albums rejects and then forced the band into the odd tour doing some shameless tribute act. Perhaps not being in New Order will cheer up Bernard - he's looked like he's been in pain since 1985.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home