The Music Slut


9.5.07

Ben Gibbard @ Town Hall: Acoustic Guitar, I'm Gonna Make You A Star

For as much as I adore all albums from Death Cab For Cutie's catalog and The Postal Service's ever-so-brilliant debut, Give Up, I've failed to see Ben Gibbard and the gang live since their Siren Festival appearance back in '04. I've been holding out for the opportunity to hear Ben's tunes in an intimate setting for some time now (I regretfully missed his Bowery gig last year) and Town Hall was the ideal venue to carry out my wish.

Performing a selection of tunes from The Photo Album through Plans, intertwined with Neil Young & Nirvana covers, a couple new ditties, and yes, even some Postal Service tracks for good measure, Ben Gibbard's 75-minute set was genuinely outstanding. Well worth the wait.

Highlights of the evening included 'Brand New Colony', 'Passenger Seat', 'Crooked Teeth' and 'A Lack Of Color'. Take a listen to the latter track below.

UPDATE: SETLIST! (Note: He did NOT perform 'Blacking Out The Friction' in spite of the fact that it's listed below)

MP3: Death Cab For Cutie - A Lack Of Color

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Mazda said...

Hey there, great blog.
Can you please tell me where'd you get that makepovertyhistory band?
I would really like to use it on my blog.

Thanks.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home