The Music Slut


22.4.07

Patrick Wolf Quitting Music Biz This November?

Patrick just posted an insanely verbose diatribe on one of his message boards ending with a blurb on his final show this November in London. Here's just some of the text in which Patrick describes his frustration with his drummer (whom he famously kicked out of the band at MisShapes a few weeks back), false conceptions portrayed via recent interviews, and his disinterest and unhappiness in playing live gigs. Yikes! Let's just hope he was in a bad mood and decides to change his mind....

"dear all...

I dont think when I was 16 and dreamt of releasing records there would ever be so much crazy speculation about the person I am and that you want me to be. I have become so tired of this behaviour, sometimes I wake up and have to do six hours of interviews before doing a show, then go straight to bed to sleep a couple of hours to fly to a new country to be cross examined in the same way.. I dont know what is left of me sometimes, some mornings i dont know how i get on the flight or even open my mouth to sing that night...

because my drummer was causing arguments within my road family, taking sedative drugs before an important show in a city i really love, so much so he could not play the music I wrote, the songs that I have survived on in the last six years... because I had to slap him to see if he was even CONSCIOUS on stage.... the fact that the only thing that got any reaction out his corpse happened to be made of metal.. because all of this.. does this make me seem like I was on cocaine, or on some power trip?... I was having FUN until that moment.

I dont want to have to share this information with you but so many seem so interested...

I have made a decision, my final concert will be this november, a retrospective with an orchestra in London. I am not sure wether there will be anymore public communications after that, Infact I am pretty sure there will be none. Of course, this has nothing to do with my drummer.. but a creative clock is ticking and I have many many projects to be creating with my time left on this earth. I hope to share my last shows with you this year. If I can give any advice, is, if anything, just listen to the music, watch the videos, read the lyrics, see the artwork, these are my communications, not others.

still love x patrick"

Read the entire piece here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Great blog. I really like the new Patrick Wolf record. This is sad news.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad. I saw all of Patrick's New York concerts except the infamous Misshapes one, and I thought he was brilliant. It would be a real loss if he stopped making music.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home