The Music Slut


23.4.07

Marianne Faithfull: Penniless Prisoner

Yup, she's broke too.

Via ContactMusic: British singer MARIANNE FAITHFULL fears she will be a "penniless pensioner" and is desperately trying to save cash to fund her retirement. The former girlfriend of rocker Mick Jagger hopes money from her upcoming European tour, Songs of the Innocence and Experience, will enable her to live in comfort. The 60-year-old says, "I'm not prepared to be 70 and absolutely broke. I realised last year that I have no safety net at all and I'm going to have to get one. So I need to change my attitude to life, which means I have to put away 10 per cent every year of my old age. "I want to be in a position where I don't have to work. I should have thought about this a long time ago but I didn't."

MP3: Marianne Faithfull - Blowin' In The Wind (Dylan cover) (via Garage Built)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home