The Music Slut


30.3.07

Patrick Wolf Has An Attitude

The flamboyant singer, who is rapidly becoming one of my favorite artists in recent history, bares his soul for The UK's leading gay magazine, Attitude.

I've highlighted the best quotes of the interview for you lazy folks.

“I want to be number one in the Muslim charts, I want to be number one in Afghanisthan, I want to be on the front cover of Nuts"

“I don’t like gay ghettos or straight ghettos. I like it when an artist isn’t about their sexuality, but their music first. I’m the only person who knows me, so I’m never going to fit in any of the boxes in the same way that I’m never going to say I make a particular type of music – I’m not a pop musician, I’m not a folk or a rock musician, I’m Patrick.”

“I was really hardcore abused at school; they would throw nails…everything. When I was 11 I had a growth spurt and so became separated from everyone physically and then got really into hardcore punk. I started writing fanzines and getting involved in the DIY punk/electro scene and queer performance art because I was tall enough to get into the clubs... I would come to a show with a black eye and cut legs having been beaten up and a bunch of drag queens would be like, ‘Right, we’re going to come to the school and get the lot of them... The violence escalated so that the whole school [was] against me... I sued the school for their views on gay people. They had said that they couldn’t help me with my bullying because I was of an ‘effeminate disposition’. So I took them to the European Court of Justice when I was 15, won, and bought a piano with the money I was awarded.”

Read the entire article here!

MP3: Patrick Wolf - Get Lost

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home