The Music Slut


2.2.07

Johnny Marr Reveals, Morrissey Wows LA

Lots of Smiths, or rather ex-Smiths, news today!

Firstly, in a joint NME/Uncut interview this week, ex-Smiths (and current Modest Mouse) guitarist, Johnny Marr reveals that 'How Soon Is Now?' is the band's 'most enduring record'. He also reveals that it's the track he most often gets asked about. Not so shocking if you ask me. Oh, he also voiced some choice words for t.a.t.u (remember them?) and their cover of the aforementioned track, declaring it 'plastic'. That sounds about right. First time I heard that cover I cringed and cringed and cringed!

The interview is part of a look at The Smiths' 30 greatest songs, as chosen by members of REM, Ian Brown, Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand. On newsstands now!

---

In Morrissey news, last night was his first US show of the year - he's in the middle of a 3-night run in Pasadena. The set featured many Moz/Smiths classics (including 'How Soon Is Now?'). A dream setlist if you ask me!

Setlist: Panic / First Of The Gang To Die / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You Have Killed Me / Disappointed / Ganglord / I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now / William, It Was Really Nothing / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Will See You In Far-off Places / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / In The Future When All's Well / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Let Me Kiss You / The National Front Disco / Dear God, Please Help Me / How Soon Is Now? / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / Life Is A Pigsty // Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice

Tonight and tomorrow's shows are sold out, but if you managed to get a ticket, let us know how thrilling the show was! We're jealous. Beyond jealous!

MP3: The Smiths - Frankly Mr Shankly (live)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Qbertplaya said...

omg...i need me some moz right now.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey! He's got a really BIG head! Honestly, it's huge. And he's really mean. Some good songs but not much meat!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home