The Music Slut


28.2.07

Jamiroquai: Virtual History

It's a sad sad say for oversized hats everywhere.

Pop legend Jay Kay has admitted he is giving up music after getting bored of touring with JAMIROQUAI. The SPACE COWBOY singer has claimed he is sick of the industry, despite recently breaking the world record for the highest gig after performing in a Boeing 757, 35,000ft in the air.

And JAY KAY, who has sold over 27 million records worldwide, says that he is now interested in meeting a "good woman" and having kids. Speaking to the Mirror at the mile-high gig, JAY KAY admitted he hasn't been happy for a while. He said: "I've had some ups and downs but in the end the downs were just too many. When we talked about me leaving, I jumped at the chance."

The singer, famed for his love of fast cars, funky tunes and big hats, added: "I'm bored. I don't want to go back on the road. We all need a rest to be honest. I don't need the money or a deal." And the 37-year-old is also getting broody, after seeing his guitarist recently have a baby, but is still looking for his COSMIC GIRL. Nevertheless, JAY KAY hasn't completely closed the door on his career, adding: "I might be back if I get my inspiration again, but who knows."
(via ContactMusic)

To this day, I still love the videos for 'Virtual Insanity' and 'Canned Heat'. Sue me!

MP3: Jamiroquai - Canned Heat

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home