The Music Slut


22.2.07

Ian Brown Gets Orchestral On New Album

He'll really try anything to stay relevant, won't he? I just hope the former Stone Roses frontman's new album, The World Is Yours, is better than his last few solo projects, which have been extremely disappointing.

According to Ian, chatting to NME: "I started thinking about which songs I'd used in February to April last year, then I started on writing the music and working with my producers Black Ox, working on it all July, August... by October/November, I had a clear idea of what songs I wanted to do and then we went into the studio in December, so I've done a month now. I recorded with a 30-piece orchestra last week. It's going to sound amazing!"

Rumor has it that he's also been trying to get a hold of former Smiths bassist Andy Rourke and Paul Friggin' McCartney for some assistance on the new record. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Ian!

MP3: The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home