The Music Slut


23.2.07

Great Britain: nul points


Morrissey has apparently announced that he's going to have nothing to do with the UK's entry into this year's Eurovision Song contest. After last year's embarrassment, Morrissey exclaimed "I was horrified but not surprised...Why didn't they ask me?"

A spokesperson for Auntie revealed:

"The BBC approached several artists and Morrissey was one of those that expressed an interest.

"Unfortunately, we were unable to go ahead with him being involved and we can now confirm that he definitely will not be taking part in this year's competition."

For shame! This disappoints me greatly, for several reasons:

1) I didn't even know he was considering it, and I have lost much opportunity for enjoyment and mockery;

2) Morrissey. At Eurovision! Come on! We'd be guaranteed to win, even with all those conspiracies against us due to foreign policy blunders!

3) It would have made for some great banter from Wogan. "The Queen is dead? - more like Mozza's self-respect!"

Ah well.

mp3: Morrissey - I'll never be anybody's hero now

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home