The Music Slut


5.12.06

Waking up after a (long) one night stand...


Last night was Arab Strap's final gig in Glasgow. I wasn't there (bastards didn't reply to my email begging to be allowed onto the list), but even without that, this morning I woke up feeling dirty and used. After 10 years of following the Strap and their curmudgeonly ways, I'm sorry to see them go, especially after the demise of fellow-Chemikal Underground act The Delgados; it's a real shame, given that Aiden Moffat and Malcolm Middleton did much more than spread their own brand of debauched miserablism around the place, but were actually capable of some real moments of beauty. As well as singing about cocks and STDs.

Here's to ya, guys, and success in whatever awaits!

Arab Strap - Where We've Left Our Love

Arab Strap - Xmas (Baby please come home)

Buy Arab Strap records from amazon.

*via Gimme Back My Head; cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there, it was brilliant :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger skye said...

*jealousy*

Cheers for the mp3, though - nothing like the Strap for Christmas...!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home