The Music Slut


13.12.06

Guillemots: Love Is In The Air!

How come I never gushed about Guillemots over the last few months? My apologies to the band. Their debut EP released earlier this year was one of the strongest short-players I've heard in quite some time and their first full-length, also released recently, Through The Windowpane, is pure genius.

The Mercury Prize nominees had an amazing 2006 (in spite of losing the aforementioned award to Arctic Monkeys). Firstly, they received all sorts of critical buzz, played to their biggest crowds to date and won over hordes of new fans, on each side of the Atlantic.

Their delicate, melodious and inspiring sounds made my iPod a very happy camper all year long (particularly 'Trains To Brazil'). Their next single 'Annie, Let's Not Wait' will be released in January in the UK. I can't wait to hear what's next from these guys (hopefully another visit to Bowery, at the very least). In the meantime, I present to you Through The Windowpane's closing track. It's epic, powerful and so goddamn moving. Hope you love it as much as I do.

MP3: Guillemots - Sao Paolo

(Hear some more tracks over on their MySpace page)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home