The Music Slut


17.10.06

Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller Review

Ben Kweller. I've been a BK fan for quite some time. I've seen him at the teeny-tiny Fletcher's in Baltimore back in the Sha Sha days a few years back. I've seen him open for The Walkmen at Irving Plaza, headline Irving Plaza, and even on a tour with Dashboard Confessional (yikes!). While most were slighly underwhelmed with his sophomore release, On My Way (I guess I fall into that group as well), his new self-titled third release, is a winner.

As most of you already know, Ben played all the instruments on this album and therefore decided it was appropriate to just title it after himself. The result is a fantastic, cohesive album that showcases Ben's voice, guitar skills and overall knack to write catchy simple songs. The songs on Ben Kweller can serve as the perfect soundtrack to a road trip, a vacuum around the apartment or a day at the beach. It works on many levels. The album truly takes the best features from his previous two releases to create a stellar full-length. Two thumbs up.

Ben will be at Webster Hall this Friday and Saturday. Will you be there?

MP3: 'I Gotta Move'

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home