The Music Slut


23.10.06

900th Post: Clinic - Visitations Review

I love the new Clinic album. A lot. For those who have known me for the last 5 years, this should come as no shock whatsoever. I waited with baited breath for the release of Walking With Thee and played Internal Wrangler everyday solid for close to 6 months. When Winchester Cathedral was released about 2 years ago, I ran to Virgin Megastore to be the first to pick it up.

Alas, that album was slightly disappointing. I was a little hesitant to get my hopes up too high for Visitations. When I got my hands on the album last week, I was more than pleasantly surprised with the results. It's a fine LP that juggles the more punk-y sounds ('Tusk' is the best 1:45 song ever) with prettier tracks, not too far off from 'Distortions' or 'Come Into Our Room' from earlier releases. The album won't see the light of day in the US until January '07 (booo!), but you can pick up the tracks on iTunes right NOW (and I highly suggest you do!). Below is track 2 off Visitations. Enjoy it.

MP3: 'Animal/Human'

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home