The Music Slut


1.9.06

Final Fantasy @ Mercury Lounge: Deep In His Daydream

Last night the gang and I met up at Mercury Lounge for a thrilling 65-minute set from Final Fantasy (otherwise often referred to as 'that guy from Arcade Fire and Hidden Cameras'). I saw Owen once, opening for Arcade Fire back in February '05. Too many gin & tonics make that part of the evening a total blur but I do recall enjoying his ditties. Last night served as confirmation.


Very respectful crowd last night minus a few hecklers. Owen ran through most of his 2 full lengths Has A Good Home! and He Poos Clouds. By the time he got to 'This Is The Dream Of Win & Regine', he had the crowd in a rapture. He closed the main part of his set was the most unexpected and ingenius cover (well, at least for me, I thought he only covered Bloc Party!) of Mariah Carey's 'Fantasy'! 299 fools, including your sluts, were singing along like it was 1995 all over again. Yes, the show was sold out and I gather his next visit will be as well.

Update: VIDEO OF 'FANTASY'!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home