The Music Slut


24.6.06

Ryan Adams @ Bowery Ballroom: Note To Self, Take A Nap Before A 2am Show!

Ryan Adams was fantastic last night (and he looked friggin' hot in his Batman t-shirt!!). Track selection included a handful from Rock N Roll which was particularly delightful, to say the least (since he never plays stuff from that album). Even though by the time I got home I thought I was going to pass out. Yes, he started right around 2am and ended @ 3:30. Yikes! Laura managed to make it to the Keane show (the 'early show') AND Ryan last night. Damn, girl. Oh, it's true, Ryan is sober.. he was drinking Diet Coke out of a plastic cup the entire night. I wanted to buy him some bourbon so badly.
To the girl who was screaming shit behind me the entire show, I hate you. A lot.

Setlist (I have the one printed but he of course didn't stick to it):

love is hell
this is it
please do not let me go
cherry lane
note to self don't die
peaceful valley
wish you were here
magnolia mountain
easy plateau
hard way to fall
let it ride
to be young
dear chicago
cold roses
shakedown on 9th street
beautiful sorta
---
call me on your way back home
come pick me up
mockingbird

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Wesley Verhoeve said...

haha i was standing right behind that girl. gosh, i rolled my eyes a lot that night. some people. american audiences can be pretty shitty

3:07 AM  
Blogger m said...

yes.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I must have been 5-10 feet behind you guys based on your pictures, and thank god I couldn't hear her.

10:50 AM  
Blogger m said...

magnolia i am in your photos! the black haired guy w/ the glasses in the front row!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Nice..

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and look at his finger nails. freddie mercury had them painted the same way on the sheer heart attack cover. too cool! couldn't make the bowery show but ready willing and waiting for starland ballroom.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home