The Music Slut


14.6.06

Radiohead @ MSG Theater - 6/13, Third Round Of Photos + Review



Wow, where do I start? Of course the show was incredible. After inching my way to the 4th/5th row on Ed's side, I had an inkling that they would open with "You and Whose Army?". I just felt it, and I was right. Thom made the silly faces into the camera and all. The 2-3 punch of "National Anthem" and "2+2=5" was just unreal. Everybody was screaming along (super respectful crowd last night!), me and my posse included.

The new stuff sounded great, but as most of you know, my highlight is easily 'Videotape', it's like 'Pyramid Song's younger brother ('Pyramid Song' is apparently a girl by the way... ha!). It sounded so ON tonight, even better than the Boston recording which I've been listening to obsessively over the last week. Hearing THREE SONGS from The Bends was also a pinnacle of the show. Tonight's setlist was a little OK Computer-lite but something tells me that tonight we'll hear some 'Karma Police' and/or 'No Surprises'. Personally, hearing 'Climbing Up The Walls' and 'Lucky' was just FINE with me... I didn't necessarily need the hits. They both sounded fresh as the first day I heard them (on a crappy walkman back in '97!).

Lastly, the closer 'How To Disappear Completely' worked amazingly. At first I was fearful that it would sort of mellow the crowd out but instead it got everybody cheering for more. I seriously thought we'd get a third round of encores based on the applause and cheers, but alas, time restrictions probably prohibited that. Damn curfews!

What'd you think??

UPDATE: What the NYTimes thought! They heart 'Videotape' too.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

videotape is wonderful...but wait till they pull out 4 min warning during tonight's second encore.

night 2 will reign again!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Wesley Verhoeve said...

i LOVED it. just posted about it too :p i love videotape and also 15 steps. i was actually a little annoyed with the lame crowd in my section

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Night #2 at the Garden was great, I got some pix here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fwyb/sets/72157594166747592/

I liked "Down is the New Up" best of the new bunch.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home