The Music Slut


6.6.06

Keane bean


So, I'm not the biggest fan of Keane in the world; you can count me amongst the group that finds Hopes and Fears to be anaemic and, well, dull. That's not the unanimous opinion round here at The Music Slut, but I just thought that I'd throw it out there. I will admit, however, that they put on a pretty entertaining live show (as I learned after watching this recording of the band at Glastonbury). And having bought the latest single "Is it any wonder" for my better half, I have to admit that I was more impressed than nonplussed, given that they seem to have expanded their sound somewhat. Anyhoo, combined with the fantastic cover art they've put together for the latest record, Under the Iron Sea, means that Skye has officially deemed Keane not too lame to be featured.* Actually, I've generally found that Under the Iron Sea has a lot more oomph than Hopes and Fears, and certainly doesn't seem to be anywhere near as whiney.

Nothing in my Way (yousendit / megaupload)
Leaving So Soon (yousendit / megaupload)


You can also download these torrents of Keane from Pure Live Gigs, though you'll have to register/log in.

Keane fib 06aug05 dvd
Keane / 6.25.05 / Glastonbury / DVD PAL


*although I'm still not going to admit that I might like any of their songs. "A Bad Dream" starts off like it's going to be awesome, but gets a bit lame about a minute in.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree about Keane's bigger sound, and specially about the beautiful cover art - it's done by a v talented girl called Sanna Annuka (sometimes Sanna Annuka Smith), who I think just finished doing Illustration at Brighton last summer - the ad for the Keane single looks like her work too.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home