The Music Slut


29.5.06

Hope Of The States Re-Appear


Yes, I was shocked too!

Not only are they back, but they currently have the #1 song on NME's chart!! The Lost Riots was one of my favorite albums from a few years back. It was the perfect blend of Urban Hymns-Verve, Aegetis-Sigur Ros, and Ladies and Gentlemen-Spritualized. Inotherwords, it was underrated genius (well, at least here in the States, ironically enough).

They only made ONE lone trip to NYC in support of Riots and somehow I missed it. I'll never forgive myself for this omission. Stupid stupid stupid! I think it was during CMJ and I had planned go to 3 other shows that night. Sigh. For those of you headed to the Reading Festival, their tour schedule shows a date on the NME stage. Lucky bastards.

Upon a little research it seems like their second release, LEFT, will be officially out on June 19. Something tells me I'm going to have to cough it up and get this one as an import, as a US release date seems unlikely. Tracklisting will go like this: Seconds, Blood Meridian, Sing It Out, Bonfires, The Good Fight, Left, Industry, This Is A Question, Little Silver Birds, Four, January, Forwardirektion:, The Church Choir

UK-ers who have heard bits of the new album, whatcha think of it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home