The Music Slut


13.4.06

Morningwood Gives Irving Plaza A Hard-On

I must say, I was pretty impressed by Morningwood last night.

Having seen them open for one of those secret Scissor Sisters shows over the summer, I wasn't thrilled in the slightest. The vocals were shotty, as were the songs and I wasn't feeling the general statement the band was trying to make.



Understanding that they will probably wind up being an MTV flash-in-the-pan (all the tweens were in the front row with fists raised), and they are super silly, I can appreciate Morningwood in a different light.

Last night they put on a really fun show and even I was rooting for them.



The closing trio of Nth Degree-Take Off Your Clothes-Jetsetmusicletter was fantastic.

The band sounded tight throughout their 40-minute set, and the teasing/taunting of the crowd actually worked this time.



Apparently there are 3 kinds of audiences, according to Morningwood... 'the tittie', 'the tittie's nipple' and 'the bead of sweat on the titties nipple'.

Last night Morningwood declared us the bead, and I declare them not as shitty as I originally thought.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home