The Music Slut


4.3.06

Strokes @ Hammerstein


Hello all:

Let me just say that after seeing the Strokes do a ridiculously solid set last night for 2 straight hours, and then going dancing until the wee hours of the AM, I am completely tired and deaf in one ear. That said, I NEEDED to post how awesome the fab five were this Friday.

I kinda went in having low expectations since I adore First Impressions, but there are really some shitty songs on there. Also, for a variety of reasons I missed them entirely on the Room On Fire tour, so this was my first time seeing them in 5 years (that's so insane, I am the worst New Yorker ever)!!

To the show, like I said, it was phenomenal. Every song was dead on. And they did oh about a zillion songs, everything you could possibly want to hear (although no "Razorblade" but I'm not complaining..)

Setlist:

The Modern Age/ Heart In a Cage/ Red Light/ Juicebox/ The End Has No End/ 12:51/ Whatever Happened/ Hawaii Aloha/ Ize of the World/ Life Is a Gas/ Soma/ I Can’t Win/ Alone Together/ Last Nite/ Hard to Explain/ You Only Live Once/ Someday/ Trying Your Luck/ Ask Me Anything/ Vision of Division/ Reptillia. ENCORE: New York City Cops/ Barely Legal/ Take It Or Leave It


I think my personal faves last night were "Hard To Explain" and "Ize Of The World", oh and "I Can't Win". What a light show too! The accompanying picture taken by Laura gives you an idea of how fantastic visuals really add to a performance.

You know, I always bitch about seeing a show at the Hammerstein because it's so massive, but I'm never disappointed.

Last nite (no pun intended) was no exception.

Long live the Strokes.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger skye said...

From the photo, it looks amazing... i am officially jealous!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home