The Music Slut


24.3.06

Open Up Pandora's Box


By that I mean, I strongly strongly strongly urge you to check out PANDORA!

Pandora is based on the Music Genome Project which pretty much uses a variety of characteristics to guide you in creating a successful internet radio station, that reflects your tastes and likes.

For example, let's say I type in Interpol (which I did) as one of my artists to add to my station, they will play Interpol in addition to similar artists (Joy Division, Editors, She Wants Revenge, etc.) If I don't like She Wants Revenge, I let the station know and they never play that song again. If you never want to hear She Wants Revenge again, the next time they come up with a different track, you can say no again and you will NEVER HEAR THEM AGAIN ON THE STATION.

It's awesome.

In addition, they tell you WHY they are playing songs that they play. So, if Bob Dylan comes on after Mogwai it may be because of unintelligle vocal structure and your affinity towards it (I'm guilty of that one, although it is a little insulting, no?)

Anyway, I'm going to shut up and suggest you go visit and play around, you won't be disappointed!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home