The Music Slut


23.1.06

why why why must you repeat repeat repeat it???





















i sorta get a kick outta bands that feel the need to duplicate the same word/sound/phrase more than once in their name.

PRIME EXAMPLES:

yeah yeah yeahs
chin up chin up
!!!
man man
hot hot heat

(you can put any others in the comments, my memory escapes me)

but my question, is it pretentious?

comment away.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Hyperballad (Bjork cover)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger m said...

just remembered: talk talk!

1:14 PM  
Blogger m said...

action action too!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger mike said...

hey hey my my - double trump!
dead dead dead
dive dive

all excellent

2:12 PM  
Blogger skye said...

The The

Though I have to admit I've never heard anything of theirs, and it's probably crap.

Great name, though. I'm definitely on the 'not pretentious' side of the argument!

5:21 AM  
Blogger skye said...

Oh, and more 80s fun with Mr. Mister (does that one count?)

Scottish nonsense with Wet Wet Wet, though I suppose they would count towards the 'just crap' end of the spectrum.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home