The Music Slut


21.5.07

Today In WTF: Patti Smith Covers The Decemberists

And it's surprisingly fabulous!

While the tune didn't make the final cut for Patti's upcoming covers LP entitled Twelve (more info on that release here), it will appear on the accompanying 7" vinyl EP, available exclusively with purchase of Twelve at select record shops across the country. Hear both the original and the cover of 'Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect' below.

Nice job, Patti!

MP3s: The Decemberists - Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect + Patti Smith - Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!

thanks for posting this.

12:13 PM  
Blogger christina said...

thank you so much.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the great cover, by chance could you post Patti's cover of Lou Reed's Perfect Day if you have it.

Thanks

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home