The Music Slut


20.2.07

Tori Ditches The Bees & Joins The Posse

I rarely discuss Tori Amos here on the site. I'll be honest with you, I love almost everything she's ever done, up until the early part of this decade. Everything from her debut, Little Earthquakes up through Boys For Pele (and even most of From The Choirgirl Hotel) is sheer brilliance. I will never get tired of any of those albums.

However, after that release, I lost some interest. Particularly, I was extremely disappointed with Tori's last album, '05's The Beekeeper. It was lacking the passion and originality of her earlier work. It almost sounded as if she joined forces with Shawn Colvin or Joan Osborne to create the most mundane record she could possibly create. However, news has just been released regarding Tori's next album and from the press photo itself, I think it's a safe bet to say that this album will not be another sleeper! Tori is looking fabulous and fierce again. Hallelujah!

Via Rolling Stone: On May 1st Tori Amos, is releasing a new album, American Doll Posse. Music’s most famous woodland nymph wrote and produced the record herself, recorded it in Cornwall, England, and plans to launch a world tour in support of the release on May 28th in Rome. Dates coming soon.

MP3: Tori Amos - Pretty Good Year (live) (via Here In My Head)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

I totally agree - loved everything up until that last album! What an adult contemporary snoozer...

I'm excited about this new disc! Can't wait to hear it!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home