The Music Slut


6.12.06

Robert Smith: I Have Writer's Block And Should Be Shot

... by Christmas, much less!

Billboard's got the dirt on the new Cure album, if it ever sees the light of day.

The Cure frontman declares: "I want them (the words) to mean something, it's not enough that they rhyme," Smith told Reuters in a recent interview. "I find myself stopping short and thinking I've done this before, and better. "I've given myself a deadline to finish the words before Christmas. If I don't I should be shot," he said. The new album is shaping up to be a mix of mournful songs alongside more energetic and upbeat cuts.

"I tend to favor this option, more in the style of the 'Kiss Me' album, with different things happening instead of being a mood piece," Smith said. "But the art of that is to get it to all hang together."


I want Robert Smith to choose life AND meaningful songs. You think there's a chance he can achieve both? I hope so!

MP3: The Cure - Lovesong

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home