The Music Slut


15.1.06

Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt

As Matt said below, We Are Scientists were absolutely brilliant Thursday night- and they were just the topper on the cake to an already fabulous evening your Music Sluts were having.

Matt and I got to Bowery Ballroom somewhere in the middle of the opener, Oxford Collapse's set. It was pretty lackluster I thought. They could benefit from a lot less yelling and more singing....oh and a stylist, yikes.

Whilst standing in the back as the Oxford Collapse yelled, James Iha sidled up next to us ("I see him more than my own mother" Matt informs me). Matt then spots the taller half of the Tarts of Pleasure and it is decided we should start a blog war with them (I've been working out, I think I could take the big one).



We Are Scientists take the stage after a wonderfully short wait and by the end of the show, they have the whole front of the venue jumping with excitement.



Keith is doubly cute in person, but so terribly skinny. Somebody feed this boy!





And you know what? I truly believe that with a little TLC, the rest of the boys in the band could be smoking hot as well.





Around midnight, the band left the stage but the crowd stood still so they came out again to play the only song left they actually know. They thanked the crowd for selling out the show and smiled at each other in disbelief as they played their last jam. Watching them play, you couldn't help but feel so excited on their behalf. I hope they go far and I hope they keep on making audiences laugh and jump and dance.

You can download the single Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger skye said...

The Music Slut *hearts* We are Scientists!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home