The Music Slut


9.3.07

Rufus Wainwright Pens Song About Brandon Flowers

Arjan Writes is all over this one. In a recent interview, Rufus Wainwright announced that one of the songs on his new disc, Release The Stars is about Killers frontman, Brandon Flowers. Well, the lyrics for 'Tulsa' have leaked onto Rufus' message board, and you here they are. Enjoy!

"You taste of potato chips in the morning/Your face has the Marlon Brando club calling/And then the thought that I owe it all to Tulsa/And that fat guy with the Queen shirt that we both signed together/Wanting it for someone who'd been down forever.

Your suit was the whitest thing since you-know-who/I feel that that saviour I've been ... may be you/And then the thought that I owe it all to Tulsa/And that poor girl who waited in the rain for hours to meet me... completely.

And I owe it all to Tulsa... just a reminder/Of the antiques shop I want to go back to and visit when it's open/In Tulsa Oklahama... this song's about you."

Brandon Flowers tastes 'like potato chips'; hahahah, I love it!! Rufus' Release The Stars will be out this spring.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Luiis said...

lmao funny.
this is totally going on my MUSICMASHABLES for today

check it out

whudahexup!

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Rufus Wainwright, so I'm intrigued to hear his new album is produced by Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys. It's due out in May and includes Richard Thompson as a guest musician. Does this indicate a more poppy sound for his new CD and a desire to dominate the charts and have the blockbuster album Rufus believes he is destined to deliver? (Certainly musically it doesn't get much better than his debut and "Want One," especially, but Wainwright would LOVE a smash hit.) Rufus recreated Judy Garland's Carnegie Hall show recently (he'll perform the same set in London and Paris) and now he's tackling her Hollywood Bowl show on Sept 23.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home